Monday, January 11, 2010

Choice and Accountabilty #1

So a few weeks ago I decided to change how I was doing my scripture study. We started having family scripture study with Penny before bed time along with family prayer. Before Kory and I had just been doing it right before bed. I've found that I'm getting alot more out of it in the early evening. I have also re-worked my daily schedule so that I have some time each morning to do some personal study and work on my personal progress. I just gave up watching as much tv in the mornings. I turn on some cartoons for Penny and lay Lila down for a nap and then I have 30 mins to study. It really helps me keep my cool for the rest of the day. I'm still getting used to the new change and sometimes I still forget but I'm working hard to remember, and I feel the blessings in my life. I also notice that I don't have so much of an inner struggle when it comes to keeping the commandments. I just have to say..."if I know the church is true then I know i shouldn't....." (fill in the blank) It's been making my choices alot easier. It's easier to attend church meetings, Do what my leaders ask, and follow the things the prophet says. I'm so grateful for Personal Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment